I never heard of hot cross buns before I lived in Australia.
When I saw them literally everywhere for sale in massive quantities, I gave them a try and what a yummy surprise!
I created a homemade version and this is the recipe.
Bring home to your boat on Easter. It is worth the effort!
HOT CROSS BUNS
What do you need?
• 1 small bag active dried yeast (7 grams) or 1 level tbsp.
• ½ kg all purpose (plain) flour + extra for dusting
• 80 grams of crystal sugar
• 1 tbsp. dark brown sugar
• 1 tsp. salt
• 1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
• A pinch of ground all spice
• A pinch of grated nutmeg
• 300 ml milk
• 70 grams of unsalted butter
• 1 egg
• 125 grams of sultanas (take 150 grams if you like lots of them)
For the crosses:
View original post 372 more words